https://blog.besthomeworkhelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2222915-512-3-e1545151777630-300x52.png 0 0 best https://blog.besthomeworkhelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2222915-512-3-e1545151777630-300x52.png best2022-08-27 19:02:532022-08-27 19:02:53Midterm Exam – APA Format, All Answers In Paragraph Form
Midterm Exam – APA Format, All Answers In Paragraph Form
This exam covers the course material for the first half of the course. Some questions ask for a definition of a concept while others ask for application and/or analysis.
Please answer the following questions in paragraph form.
- How does sociology understand social problems? Explain what makes this orientation to social problems unique?
- Describe the concept of privilege. What are the key features of privilege according to McIntosh and Allen? How does this concept relate to oppression?
- How was the indigenous body constructed as dirty and what are the impacts on the ongoing problem of sexual violence?
- What is the difference between wealth and income? Why might wealth be a better measure of someones economic standing than income?
- What are at least three of the social problems related to poverty? Do assistance programs and policies address poverty as one of the causes of the issue?
- Describe how focusing on the morals and behaviors of the poor prevents Americans from seeing the social forces that create poverty.
- How are racial categories socially constructed? How does this process connect to a history of racial inequality?
- Define the concept of colorblind racism. How does this impact the ideal of racial equality?
- What were original Jim Crow laws? Explain the meaning of the new Jim Crow laws?
- Describe one approach/action that addresses the cultural and structural factors to gender inequality. How does this approach attempt to solve a specific social problem?
- How is masculinity constructed as violent? What is the role of the media in contributing to this social problem? Why should mass shootings be defined through a gendered framework?