Week 2 – PSY/326- Due In 18 Hours
Research Question, Hypothesis, and Approach
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the feedback on your Week 1 paper, sections 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1 in the Newman (2016) textbook, and view the following videos: tutorial from the Ashford University Library, as well as , and .
In this assignment, you will follow up on the Week 1 assignment by devising a specific research question and hypothesis statement for your topic. For this assignment, use the provided.
Using the , complete the following:
- Devise a specific research question on an aspect of the topic selected in Week 1.
- Formulate a testable research hypothesis.
- Identify the research design category you believe is suitable for investigating your research question.
- Explain why this research design category is an appropriate choice.
Support your choices and explanation with citations from the textbook and at least one scholarly/peer-reviewed source from the Ashford University Library. You can find suitable journal articles about specific research designs and methods in the research guide.
The Research Question, Hypothesis, and Approach paper
- Must use the provided Week 2 Assignment Template.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least 1 scholarly/peer-reviewed source in addition to the course text.
- The table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in as outlined in the s
Carefully review the for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.