The last module includes a Final Paper that covers the cumulative course content throughout our four modules. Using content from the fourteen chapters of the textbook and your own independent research, describe in detail what you have learned about:
- the roles of labor and management in the labor relations process
- the process of negotiating and developing a labor agreement
- how grievances, arbitration, and disciplinary processes are addressed when administering a labor agreement
- applying the labor relations process framework to different labor relations systems
You may use the content you have previously written in our weekly Discussions, including feedback or comments from other students, as inspiration for this paper. You should not, however, simply copy-and-paste your seven Discussions and consider this complete… This assignment is your opportunity to revise, build upon, add to, and fully integrate your previous work together with new research as needed.
Think of this assignment as a summary of the important lessons of the course, as if you were writing a mini-textbook. This can also be a good source of reference material for you as you continue in your career, so be sure that you are writing this in such a way as to be a useful resource in the future.
Use in-text citations to show where you are applying or discussing content from your textbook. In addition to the textbook, you are required to apply content from at least three (3) scholarly sources. (Scholarly sources should be peer-reviewed journals, academic textbooks, and/or well respected practitioner sites like Harvard Business Review or the Society for Human Resources Management. Other websites like Wikipedia, dictionaries, and smallbusiness.chron.com do not count as scholarly.) Be sure to cite where you are applying or discussing content from these sources as well. End your paper with a References list that gives the full details about the sources. In-text citations and References should be formatted according to APA standards.
The Final Paper will be graded using the Rubric below:
- 40% Comprehension and Analysis: Demonstrates mastery of the learning objectives in each of the four learning modules (weight varies depending on the module)
- 30% Application of Content: Synthesizes and analyzes course content and independent research, and applies it appropriately in the paper.
- 20% Quality of Writing: Articulation of ideas, using correct grammar and spelling, with effective structure and format to the paper.
- 10% Citations and References: Uses APA-style citations and references to demonstrate source of ideas and information in the paper.