CHAPTER 5: Managing and Organizing Business: Discussion
There will be a discussion question or topic based on the “Chapter Questions” located at the end of each chapter. Please pick one and develop a line of thought to discuss.
The discussion question are open at the course beginning and close on the due date and time. No late work will be accepted. You can earn 25 points a week by participating in the discussion board. You will be graded on the quality of your responses, answers or questions, not merely on the fact that you participated. Please apply the Critical Thinking rubric to your work. Your posting must be Substantive:
– Providing a new thought, idea or perspective
– Citing and experience or example of what we are learning
– Adding a new twist on a perspective
– Critically thinking about an idea/concept
– Questioning or challenging a principle or perspective
I do NOT consider these types of comments to be substantive
– Very basic comment such as I agree or I disagree
– Simply restating what has already been said unless there is a direct purpose in doing so
– Disrespectfully disagreeing
– Pat answers that are not thought provoking
– Use of unedited dictation software comments
To receive the 25 points, you must do two things, First, reply to the posted question worth up to 5 points, and Second, reply to at least two (2) of your classmates responses worth up to10 points each. The discussion board is meant to take the place of the normal in-class discussion that you have in a traditional class structure. Each posting and reply should consist of a complete paragraph of a minimum of five sentences. I will be using a rubric for grading of discussion boards so please expect some changes to the syllabus as the semester progresses.